Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 4 Reflection

     Based on the comments made by my classmates on my blog and discussion board, I have revised my action research plan.  I agree that a checklist would help evaluate the complexity of the questions employed during instruction.  This would give teachers guidance to adjust their lessons and increase their level of questioning to level II and Level III.  The checklist will be based on Bloom Taxonomy and Marzano’s High Yield Strategies.  This comment was very helpful.  I think that they have made my research comprehensive.
     This week I also met with my site supervisor to discuss my action research.  She was enthusiastic about my action research because I had included staff development as one of my tasks.  She agreed that teachers are still unclear about what rigor in the classroom entails.  Rigor requires deeper thinking on part of the student and teachers have a difficult time releasing their responsibility in the classroom.  As we discussed my action research plan, she did suggest for me to include the lower grades in my research.  Although it would be an interesting research, I feel that a campus wide research would be too much of a task for me to handle.  I suggested that based on the results of my research new inquiries can and should continue at the campus.  In closing, I also suggested that I would be creating a checklist to evaluate the depth of questioning that the teachers are utilizing during reading instruction.  She agreed that a checklist would also aid teachers to reflect on their level of questioning during reading and increases the rigor of the lessons.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment